EPISODE # 32 Turning World-Class Research into World-Changing Innovations
Here's a peek at some of the highlights from this episode
- [04:35]: Laura and Erik on their early careers—she in Europe, he in New Brunswick—and what led their paths to intersect today.
- [14:40]: Laura describes the importance of harnessing curiosity in the service of innovation.
- [19:39:] Erik talks about how the NBIF-supported Innovation Research Chairs program at UNB has helped build the province’s innovation ecosystem.
- [23:50]: Laura and Erik on ACOA and NBIF’s new AI fund, and its potential to help local companies who are commercializing AI and machine-learning tech in order to stay globally competitive.
- [36:39]: Erik on the importance of bridging academia and industry.
- [38:32]: Erik talks about his students, and how they can prepare for the emerging opportunities created by new technology, today and tomorrow.
- [41:40]: Laura on New Brunswick’s advantages, and what we need to do next.
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE.
Do you subscribe to the Tech Talks With Cathy Simpson podcast? If not, please do. Every week, my guests and I will be covering lots of different topics around innovation, technology and the future. Click here to listen and subscribe in iTunes. You'll find us on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, PodLink and everywhere else you enjoy podcasts.
And sign up for our newsletter to never miss an update.
Visit Techimpact's website here